Thanks to more than a decade of experience in the field of law and conflict transformation, I have learned that communication can be a powerful ally to achieve our goals. As a registered mediator under the Ministry of Justice in the Czech Republic I am now trying to present knowledge from practice and trainings abroad. I am also seeking awareness in the field of alternative dispute resolution.
I co-founded Mediv z.s. which is Prague based alternative dispute resolution non-profit organization. I gained professional experience in both, private and public sector. I worked as a lawyer at The Public Health Authority of the Pardubice Region and for five years as a paralegal in international law office Dr. Trapl and Partner s.r.o.
To broaden knowledge in legal area I was on an internship at Skoda auto a.s. Having studied both law and media communication I gained experience as a marketing and sales assistant in Euro Softworks s.r.o.
Since my childhood I have been keen to connect creativity with critical thinking. Therefore, I honoured combined Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Law and Master’s degree in Media Communication at Charles University. I also completed Bachelor degree in Journalism at Masaryk University. Within the legal studies I was granted a full scholarship to study alternative dispute resolution at University of Otago in New Zealand.
Traveling either to gain professional experience or to discover new perspectives enabled me to develop understanding within the worldwide’s cognition and gain inspiration to realize my visions at international level.
I will be glad to have a conversation with you in English, German, Italian or Czech language. Anytime I am excited to join for a couple days’ hike, volleyball game or skiing. Thanks to sport shooting I train my concentration, whereas playing the piano helps me develop creativity.
- Mediation and Restorative justice training: CJAM Center, USA
- Mediation Theory and Skills Summer Course: Central European University, Hungary
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution: University of Otago, New Zealand
- Negotiation and Conflict Transformation: University of Otago, New Zealand
- Conflict Transformation Across Cultures, Peace-building Program: SIT Graduate Institute, USA
- Alternative disputes resolution, Working Holiday Program: Alberta, Canada
- Transformative approach to conflict management: Mediation Center Olomouc
- Specialist in Foreign Policy Relations and Services: Diplomatic Academy Prague, s.r.o.
- Mediation Business Development & Marketing: Mediator Academy
- Arbitration: Law Faculty, Charles University
- Summer mediation training: Law Faculty, Charles University
- Television host: Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
- Workshop on Creating and Memorializing Agreements: CJAM Center, USA
- Thesis on Qualitative Comparative Analysis of Mediation in USA, Germany and the Czech Republic: Charles University, Faculty of Law, Czech Republic
- Essay on Do Separate Meetings Have a Negative Impact on the Mediation Process?: University of Otago, New Zealand
- Thesis on Content Analysis of Judge Figure Representation in Selected Media: Charles University, Faculty of Media Communication, Czech Republic
- Thesis on Publication of Information about Victims of Crime after the Amendment to “the Muzzle Act”: Masaryk University, Faculty of Journalism, Czech Republic
Iva Břízová, LL.M., M.A., B.A.
Founder of Altraidea
Phone: +420 604 309 330
At Your Site
We come to your office anywhere in the European Union to perform our services and trainings at your site.
We also offer all our services online through video conference anywhere in the world.